Thursday, March 10, 2011

Opposites Attract

Opposites really do attract...It Started With A Kiss conveyed that phrase. I once saw one episode of this drama when it was aired in the Philippines and it didn't caught my attention. I was like..."What the...???" Is she really that dumb? Does a person like her really exist? I was really annoyed with Ariel Lin's character here...even her clothes in this drama. And for Joe Cheng's character for having an IQ of 200. Whoa?! He must be in Guiness...hahaha! :D

So, in short I didn't watch it. Not after I've seen the sequel...They Kiss Again. Yes! I did watch the sequel before the first one. :D After watching They Kiss Again I became curious of what happened to them in It Started With A Kiss. While watching They Kiss Again there are episodes with flashbacks scenes of It Started With A Kiss and I told myself I have to see that scene...that "kilig" scene. ;) This drama has a lot of funny scenes to the point of being hilarious. Love watching it...it amused me so much.

Througout the time I'm watching this drama I suddenly thought that opposites really attract. Xiang Chin being dumb but optimistic and expressive of her emotions, Zhi Shu is her exact opposite...a genius with a 200 IQ and have a hard time expressing himself. There's a lot of annoying scenes between them because of Zhi Shu's coldness and harshness towards Xiang Chin specially when he gets jealous but in the end...Gee! He's the man! :D After watching this drama and the sequel I can't help myself but think...what if? What if I have a man like Jiang Zhi Shu? Life would be perfect...but then I have to be dumb like Xiang Chin. Never mind! I'm ok right now. :D


Title: It Started With A Kiss (2005)
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 30
Casts: Ariel Lin as Yuan Xiang Chin
          Joe Cheng as Jiang Zhi Shu
          Jiro Wang as Jin Yuan Feng
Synopsis: It Started With A Kiss is a Taiwanese drama based on the Japanese manga Itazaru Na Kiss (Prank Kiss). Yuan Xiang Chin is an unintilligent and naive but optismictic high school girl who fell in love with Jiang Zhi Shu who has an IQ of 200. Yuan Xiang Chin musters her courage to confess her love to Jiang Zhi Shu at school with a love letter after two years of having a crush on him. She was left humiliated publicly when Jiang Zhi Shu rejected her.

She and her father just moved in to their new house when it collapsed due to a minor earthquake and left them homeless. Fortunately, her father's old friend offered help and invites them to live in his house. Little does Yuan Xiang Chin know that his father's old friend is actually Jiang Zhi Shu's father.

Because of this unexpected events, Zhi Shu ang Xiang Chin begin their lives living in the same house. Although Zhi Shu's mother is very welcoming and like Xiang Chin for her son, Zhi Shu remained cold and harsh towards her...thinking that she's the dumbest people he has ever met. As the story goes, with Xiang Chin's perseverance Zhi Shu slowly warms to Xiang Chin and gradually fell in love with her too.

Ariel Lin as Yuan Xiang Chin
Joe Cheng as Jiang Zhi Shu
 

This is it...


This is really it..."The First Kiss"

The "Second Kiss" was in the hospital when Yu Shu, Zhi Shu's brother got an operation.

Finally, Zhi Shu admitting his real feelings towards Xiang Chin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment