Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Completely Perfect Boyfriend... Robot?!

It's another day for me with nothing to do and just browsing the internet when I came up with this Japanese drama. I admit I was not a fan of the Japanese series...until I've watched Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend). I never expect that I've become engrossed in watching it. This drama was not something that could happen in real life....but I even cried more than the female lead did in this drama. It's very heartbreaking for me to have a situation that you both know you love each other but you can't be together and to realize that you love the person but you have a limited time to be together.

Well, some of us dreamt of meeting and having our own ideal boyfriend...right from his looks down to his personality, interests and hobbies. But Izawa Riiko is the only girl I've known to gets his ideal boyfriend...delivered to her doorsteps in a box. And he comes with a user manual. How cool is that, huh? :D

First few episodes of this drama wasn't that interesting. I almost gave up watching but thankfully I didn't. This drama really has the power to convey love though it has a silly concept. How could you possibly fall in love with a robot? That was my first question but... OMG! If that robot is literally you're ideal guy who could stop you from loving him. Hihihi... Am I still sane? If I were you just watch it. There's a lot of scenes in this drama that moved me...I really did cry a LOT.

Title: Zettai Kareshi also known as Absolute Boyfriend (2008)
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fantasy, Drama
Episodes: 11
Casts: Hayami Mokomichi as Tenjo Night
          Mizushima Hiro as Asamito Soshi
          Aibu Saki as Izawa Riiko
Synopsis: Kronos Heaven is a robot maker company who develops "01", a perfect male humanoid programmed to be devoted and completely loyal to his lover. They found a perfect person who can test "01", a temp worker Izawa Riiko. They asked her to take part in a 5-day free trial. When the robot arrived in her house she was shocked as she was expecting a real person. Since then, the robot stayed at her house whic she named Night. Night adores her as he was programmed to but Riiko only thinks of him as an appliance. As the days passed seeing how deep Night's devotion to her , she gradually finds herself falling in love with him. Conflicts starts when Night starts to having his own will and own emotions. And when Asamoto Soshi, a distinguished young executive in her company also has feelings for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment