Thursday, June 2, 2011

Calling For Love/Calling Big Star

I never finish any of Mike He’s dramas before until now.  Every time I started watching his drama I got bored after watching a few episodes.  Well, maybe I don’t like his character in his previous dramas so even though how attractive he is I skipped watching any of his dramas.
This drama tickled my curiosity so I decided to watch it and it was good.  Actually, seeing Mike He on screen is already good. J  Such a yummy guy! Hihihi…. He was very good in portraying his character here as a big star celebrity.  Sometimes I think maybe he’s experiencing the same thing in real life.  Well, it was just a thought…. I actually feel him in this drama.  I feel sad whenever he’s sad, I feel happy whenever he is.  Oh, I think I caught Bo Ye’s poison.  Hehehe… It’s just a little bit frustrating for the female lead, Charlene Choi.  On the first episode, I thought she looked ok to be paired-up with Mike He.  She’s cute, she has this innocent face that matched her character but there are some scenes that she’s a little bit stiff and expression less.  I’m not sure if that’s really what her character in the drama is.  Or maybe I’m just used to Korean dramas with exaggerated and funny expressions.  Hehehe…
There are a lot of funny scenes especially with Bo Ye’s (Mike He) manager and childhood friend which made the drama a lot better.  There’s also a lot of kissing… J My favorite kissing scene between Mike He and Charlene Choi was when Mike He was exercising.  He asked Charlene Choi to help him hold his legs while he’s doing his sit-ups and every time his sit-up he kissed Charlene Choi.  Oh, it was indeed very cute and from what I’ve seen Mike He is a hot kisser.  Hehehehe… 
If you’re a fan of Mike He I’m sure you have seen this drama and for those who haven’t give it a try.  

Title: Calling For Love/Calling Big Star (2010)
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 14
Cast: Mike He as Bo Ye
    Charlene Choi as Chen De Xing|
    Chen Zhi Kai as Zhong Wei Li
    Tracy Zhou as Yang Wei Chen
Synopsis:  Bo Ye played by Mike He is a good-looking, talented, charming and famous celebrity with continuous projects such as dramas and endorsements; hence he was called a big star.  He entered the entertainment industry to pay his deceased father’s debts and to support his family especially his younger sister.  He was waiting for his contract to end so he could go back in school and pursue his original dream in life.  Unfortunate events happened when his manager and his childhood friend desperately needed a huge sum of money and asked for his help.  Bo Ye having a kind heart, he was unable to resist in helping them. He also needed more money to support his sister in studying in Paris. 
Out of desperation, he bought a lottery ticket hoping that he could win and solve his manager and childhood friends’ money problem.  As luck would have it, he wins the jackpot prize but loses the ticket.  In the bookstore, Bo Ye and Chen De Xing (Charlene Choi) are buying books; they accidentally bumped into each other that caused them to picked-up the wrong books.
Chen De Xing played by Charlene Choi is a kind and simple lady taxi driver who came from Hong Kong.  She came in Taiwan to find his father which happened to be the father of Yang Wei Chen (Tracy Zhou), Bo Ye’s girlfriend.  Her co-worker Ah Li (Chen Zhi Kai) was her best friend and acts as her guardian angel who eventually fell in love with Chen De Xing.  Ah Li was not just an ordinary taxi driver he’s a successor of a wealthy family.   
Because of the winning lottery ticket, they lives entangled.  A lot of complicated and misunderstanding have occurred.



This is my favorite cute kissing scene of Bo Ye and De Xin....enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment